Dashboard Reflection

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Yoe
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Dashboard Reflection

Post by Yoe »

So I got my fiesta not long ago and have noticed a small problem with it. Living in Devon we got some very tight little roads and when the sun's out the reflection of my dashboard on the windscreen is causing me to be totally unable to see the side of the road. It's making it a very difficult car to drive at time's

Any advice on how to remove the reflection? Or lessen it?

{text-align: center;}
Ben...
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: jam_rs

Re: Dashboard Reflection

Post by Ben... »

That's because of the angle of the windscreen

Nothing you can really do about it.. Let your windscreen get really dirty?!
Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 Panther Black
Project->http://fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10

Anglia100e
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7

Post by Anglia100e »

Not a problem in my Fiesta but my Peugeot 3008 was very bad and like looking through a pair of thick net curtains.

Three things you can try........

Clean the dash top and then spray it with hair laquer spray, this dries matt and cuts down a lot of the glare. Be careful and test it first if you can on a piece of dash you can't easily see. I used this method until I finally found the answer..........

Look on eBay and buy a piece of real WOOL felt in black and place a piece on the dash top covering the area this works 100% as long as it's real wool and not a mixture. The reason real wool works is because the wool takes in light but does not reflect light.

If that had not worked for me then I was going to try a dash mat on the Australian eBay. It's designed to stop the Australian sun from cracking the dash tops in extreme heat. Basically it's a carpet shaped and moulded to the top of the dash and they fit around anything on the dash including the top of the info screen. Remember don't order on any other eBay site unless you can find one on the uk site due to any difference between left/right hand drive dashes.

Other than that there is very little you can do but try the wool first if I was you.

Hope that helps

Yoe
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Post by Yoe »

Anglia100e wrote:Not a problem in my Fiesta but my Peugeot 3008 was very bad and like looking through a pair of thick net curtains.

Three things you can try........

Clean the dash top and then spray it with hair laquer spray, this dries matt and cuts down a lot of the glare. Be careful and test it first if you can on a piece of dash you can't easily see. I used this method until I finally found the answer..........

Look on eBay and buy a piece of real WOOL felt in black and place a piece on the dash top covering the area this works 100% as long as it's real wool and not a mixture. The reason real wool works is because the wool takes in light but does not reflect light.

If that had not worked for me then I was going to try a dash mat on the Australian eBay. It's designed to stop the Australian sun from cracking the dash tops in extreme heat. Basically it's a carpet shaped and moulded to the top of the dash and they fit around anything on the dash including the top of the info screen. Remember don't order on any other eBay site unless you can find one on the uk site due to any difference between left/right hand drive dashes.

Other than that there is very little you can do but try the wool first if I was you.

Hope that helps
That is some awesome advice, I will give it a shot and let you know

Thank you

Anglia100e
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7

Post by Anglia100e »

You are welcome :D

The felt was a 100% success with the Peugeot 3008 and it has a massive screen at exactly the wrong angle. The felt I got was very thin and laid completely flat on the dash top, I guess it was about a sixteenth of an inch thick but what that is in new money I have no idea :shock: