Retrofitting USB/BT

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
dakota558
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta MK7
Refferer: Search Engine

Retrofitting USB/BT

Post by dakota558 »

I´m currently retrofitting USB/BT to a 2010 Fiesta that only had the basic stereo. I have bought all the required parts (I think...), and I have run into some problems installing the wiring loom. I have the main wiring loom and the extension cable for the mic.
The main loom has a total 8 connections; 3 of them are for the stereo, 2 for the BT module, 2 for the USB/AUX ports and one unknown:

I can´t see where this one is supposed to be connected. I was thinking it was for the mic, but it´s not. And that gives me another problem; I can´t find anywhere to connect the extension loom for the mic. Looking at the wiring diagram, it is supposed to be connected to the communication module, which I guess is the same as the BT module?

I might have the wrong wiring loom. The one I have is supposed to be for a early 2010 Fiesta (FINIS 1678395), but I think a saw a picture of another one with only 6 connections, one for the mic included. Problem is, I can´t find that picture again and I don´t know the FINIS code for it.

Have anyone in here done the same retrofit before?
I have searched for a long time, but there is no description at all for how to do this out there.
Thanks for all replies

{text-align: center;}
Maniak
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta/mondeo
Refferer: uncle google

Re: Retrofitting USB/BT

Post by Maniak »

can you post pictures of connections?