Climate control issues

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
cornish.couple
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta mk7
Refferer: Google search

Climate control issues

Post by cornish.couple »

Happy New Year and good evening everyone,

I have got an '08 plate 1.6 tdci mk7 Fiesta Titanium.

Car is great, could do with a sixth gear for the bigger roads but perfect for shooting around the Cornish lanes.

However, that's not the issue. The car has climate control and it all works perfectly other than not being able to change the direction of the air flow from the different vents. I can run the temperature manually and automatically but the air is continually blown from the fascia vents. Even on manual settings the air will only blow from these vents. I cannot get it to blow from the foot well vents or the windscreen vent. Was a nightmare driving to Yorkshire, had cold feet the whole way and can only clear the windscreen using the heated windscreen!

Any advice would be greatly received, I haven't been behind the dash yet but from the research I've done so far it seems the internal temperature sensor is also loose, so I will hopefully be able to kill two birds with one stone.

regards,

Ewen

{text-align: center;}
cornish.couple
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Re: Climate control issues

Post by cornish.couple »

Do you think it could be the heater flap motor? Is there a fuse that run's this circuit i could check first off?

cornish.couple
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by cornish.couple »

Found the problem- the motor is working fine. However the rotor arm attached to the motor is cracked so the spindle is turning within the arm, which in turn isn't moving. An easy fix. I like them. Hope this may help someone else.

Neil
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7_fiesta
Refferer: MK7

Post by Neil »

Hello, i have the same issue, overtime i start the car up it default to blowing cold air, i have to max the fan speed max up and down some time gets the hot air running, when it works i heard a air vent flap go clunk, then i get the hot air ok. The other way i can get it to work it tapping the brakes, i sure it must be a sticking vent valve switch or something, i think accessing it is tight, but i think it is in the passenger foot well area, can any one confirm and of this. (MK7 Fiesta titanium 2008) best regards Neil

jazzmanjamie
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by jazzmanjamie »

My fiesta stopped blowing hot air and found it was the actuator arm slipping out of place. Think it’s due to the motor mounts coming loose, but it can be fixed by making a slightly longer arm to keep it in place, add cement putty as an extension once you remove the arm. Drivers side take off the side panel and you should be able to see the arm moving as you change the temp.