Diesel fuel filter change

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
blockzzz
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Honda accord
Refferer: Search Engine

Diesel fuel filter change

Post by blockzzz »

Hi
I have just joined the site as I am going to service my wifes zetec s as soon as the parts arrive. The service kit i presume will have 4 filters, fuel, oil, pollen and air. I have watched the video showing how to replace the air filter, and seen the guide about the pollen filter. I am presuming the oil is straight forward, subject to it being located in a sensible location. The only thing i am unsure of is the fuel filter. Is this straight forward? Does anyone know of a link orthread that i have missed please?
Any other general tips are most welcome, if the drain plug is in an awkward location for example. I service my accord myself but never done a Fiesta.
Anyway thanks in advance. I better locate what oil i need, and source the correct amount!

Cheers all.

{text-align: center;}
marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Re: Diesel fuel filter change

Post by marshboy »

Oil filter is by the air box need a 27mm socket be careful make sure the little raised part sits in the engine part correctly otherwise u get no oil pressure and bang
Holds around 4 litres of 5w30 I use full synthetic oil
Fuel filter depends on the age of the car olde ones 90ps are slight pain in the butt but easy enough to change no priming needed etc
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Re: Diesel fuel filter change

Post by marshboy »

Sumo plugs a 21mm or 22mm can't remember off top my head and there's normally an undercover fitted
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642