What to look for at end of 3 yr warranty

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by shabazmo »

My Fiesta will reach 3 years and 28,000 miles next month and before the warranty period is up, I was wondering what I should check that might be coverred by the warranty.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS

Post by patterson »

Anything that's broken really, but doubt it will have any problems being new, cars rarely break when they have warranty... A week after it expires will probably break down all the time sods law... Jokes
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Vision Blue ZS TDCI
Refferer: Google

Post by Jdun5746 »

Actually in the snow my turbo give up the ghost and my car within warranty and ford said they fixed it but it WILL go again and I will have to pay part of the cost, which just goes to show what a bag of w**k their warranty is

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta

Re: What to look for at end of 3 yr warranty

Post by shabazmo »

Just completed the 3 year MOT and it passed. But there was one flaw in that the o/s front brakes were 25% lower than the front n/s. I guess they could have failled it and done the work under waranty. I dismanted the front calipers and found that the inner pad was sticking. Despite cleaning both pads and slider shims, the inner pads did not move smoothly, so I flled a bit of metal off the pads, greased them and the brakes feel much sharper now. Just one to watch.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.