Airbags

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
JohnB97
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: ford fiesta mk7
Refferer: facebook fiesta page

Airbags

Post by JohnB97 »

Alright lads
Could can anyone help me with is problem.
I have bought a set of the ST2 Recaro seats to fit into my fiesta but the plugs are different for the air bags so I’m waiting to just fit a resistor to the plug to trick the sensor ( so the airbag light turns off) like people do with the aftermarket seats does anyone know what size the resistors needs to be for this to work.

{text-align: center;}
Trigg123
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.6 tdci
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Airbags

Post by Trigg123 »

John
Did the seats fit ok into yours with any mods to the subframes? And have you got round the airbag issue yet? I'm wanting to do the same mod
Regards trigg

CRAIG MAC
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2016 Fiesta Sport Van
Refferer: internet

Re: Airbags

Post by CRAIG MAC »

Hello newbie here thanks for the add,today we've fitted a pair of 2015 ST Recaros into a 2016 Sport van. Simple to do but it would appear that the original van plug for the seats and seat air bags does fit perfectly but the air bag warning light is now constantly lit.

Seats were removed and re fitted with the ignition turned off, I was wondering rather that arrange to have a seat air bag resister fitted can the plug be re wired so it's compatible with the ST plug receiver. The breaker who we bought the ST seats off has given us the original ST seat plugs.

Any advice or help would be appreciated