59 Plate Fiesta 1.4 Battery going Flat

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
ashley750
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Search Engine

59 Plate Fiesta 1.4 Battery going Flat

Post by ashley750 »

Since I bought the car a couple of months ago (1.4 Titanium Auto, 27k, with keyless start), I have had the battery go flat on me 3 times. The battery is a Halfords HCB063. After the second time I popped into Halfords for a battery check. Guy said it looked like their most recent design and was probably only a year or so old, which tied in with the fitted sticker starting at 2016. The battery checked out fine, but showed it needed more charge.

Flat ahgain yesterday, so charged it up overnight and spent some time on it with the multimeter this morning. Battery voltage was 12.57 V after charging, and 13.95V with the engine running, so looks like the alternator is charging OK. I then disconnected the earth battery cable, and measured the amps being pulled after the car was locked, and got 0.32A. This is high, as generally the draw should not be greater than 50mA (0.05A), as a comparison, the Polo was only pulling 0.01A. Started pulling fuses, and removing either fuse 16 (Powertrain control module, high and low cooling fan), 18 (Powertrain Control module) or 27 (PCM) dropped the drain to 0.09A.

At this point I'm stuck, as none of the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual show those fuses, or the PCM :angry-banghead:.

Can anyone help?

{text-align: center;}
Sid
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 2010
Refferer: search

Re: 59 Plate Fiesta 1.4 Battery going Flat

Post by Sid »

Hi Ashley,

I've got the exact same battery and the same problem. Did yo manage to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Sid