How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car

Guides to help you with certain aspects of your car. Please do not start a new topic asking questions in here, it will help keep the guides organised! If you do have a guide, please contribute it!
tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Re: How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car

Post by tonyk »

Can you post up a pic of the stereo rear?

{text-align: center;}
kennyyy
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by kennyyy »

I've just bought this I have a mk7 3dr 2011 and it's not working with the old display it just displays ford audio. Works with the blue display but obviously no phone or aux would i need a loom convertor and if so please can some one make me one and I'll pay total novice at this thanks

Forddyy
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2009 fiesta zetec s
Refferer: Google

Post by Forddyy »

Hello I have a 2009 fiesta zetec s and just bought a Sony DAB radio the connections on the back are different could someone Please help me, would it be possible for somebody to make me a loom and I will pay them for it. Thank you

Maniak
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta/mondeo
Refferer: uncle google

Post by Maniak »

tonyk wrote:This is my guide on building an loom adaptor to fit a non-DAB Sony (right) to an early loom car (left).

You will need;
Parrot wiring harness SOT-934 (VOLVO V70)
Parrot wiring harness SOT-984 (FIESTA/FOCUS)
Female Fakra to Female ISO aerial adaptor
Your choice of cable connectors (I used bullet style)
Non-DAB Sony stereo

As per all Haynes manuals, disconnect the battery when working with car electrics.

1. You will be using the plug from SOT-984 and both sockets from SOT-934. Cut these from the adaptors, leaving yourself 2-3" of wire to play with.

2. Taking your time, connect the wires as per my guide. The view is from behind(cables towards you) with the securing clip at the top. Colours are for guidance only and do not match the wire colours.

3. When all connected up, your should have a monster not unlike this.

4. Next, remove the old stereo as per the guide. I used my original screen so left this alone - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7&p=10&hilit=removing+stereo#p10

5. Connect the loom adaptor to the car as well as the aerial adaptor, then attach to the stereo.

6. Before screwing everything back together, reconnect the battery and test everything is fully working.

7. Refit is the reverse of removal. Make sure the adaptor is tucked out the way before sliding the headunit into place.

The only issue I found after fitting was the MUTE, CLOCK, and DSP buttons did not work, however the DSP can still be accessed through the MENU button and the other functions I can live without. I know others who have done the same conversion and had the same issue, this may have something to do with the fact the old stereo did not have these buttons.

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk.
Fiestamk7.com nor the original author of this How-To can be held liable for anything that may happen as a result
of you following this How-To.
Tonyk great job, I've just done conversion on my fiesta 2009. I've also managed to get sony screen working and buttons MUTE, CLOCK and DSP are working fine. You have to swap wires 7 & 9 in screen plug. Image Pin 7 has to be grey/yellow and pin 9 black / blue.

hlennie
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7 fiesta zs
Refferer: google

Post by hlennie »

Have also done the retro fit with A Sony with DAB unit in a 2010 Zetec s, you say just swap the wires on the screen plug but my plug does not look like the one in the picture any more pictures?

How did u get the screen to work?

Also hated the all red displays so soldered new blue LED's to the Sony control panel, lights a nice blue and white now, changed the LED,s In screen now Blue as well as the instrument cluster screen and dials.

Will add pics if any one asks

TerryS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta MK7
Refferer: Internet

Post by TerryS »

Hello

I am from Germany and i want to retrofit the Sony Radio.

But i don't know which plug i must buy.
Because in German Shops, i can't find the Plugs, because the Name is different.

Could anyone help me, to find the correct plugs ?

TerryS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta MK7
Refferer: Internet

Post by TerryS »

I have managed it..

Everything runes fine.

Also so Mute, Clock and DSP. :D :D
Thanks to tonyk and Maniak :clap:

jofield73
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Titanium 96

Post by jofield73 »

Hi
I have recently purchased a Fiesta Titanium 96 (2009 plate) and am very keen on upgrading the stereo to the Sony upgrade as per this post.

However, I am quite a newbie to these sort of things (although do have very helpful friends who can help with the wiring side of things luckily!!) and wanted to check if I would get all the functionality of the Sony buttons by following this install guide, even though I have a more basic version of the radio currently that doesn't include bluetooth and phone connection (see attached photos).

I really hope it is possible, and apologise in advance if it's an obvious question/answer but I just wanted to check before spending out £200 on a second hand Sony!! :?

Many thanks for any help you can offer :)

jofield73
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Titanium 96

Post by jofield73 »

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get the phone connections working in my 2009 fiesta titanium if I upgrade to the Sony from my original factory ford stereo that doesn't have a phone connection facility?

Maniak
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta/mondeo
Refferer: uncle google

Post by Maniak »

hlennie that is plug from screen after stripping plastic covers.

jofield73 you have to get radio unit out and post pictures of wiring behind it. Phone connection is separate bluetooth module and wiring. If you going to buy bluetooth module and wiring i would advise to go with usb 8M5T-19C112-. bear in mind to get USB option on your screen you will need it programmed on fords IDS.
As long as you not trying to fit head unit with sync you will be fine. I'm currently trying to retrofit speedo from facelift to prefacelift and head unit with sync and dab. I've already changed climate control from manual to automatic- would like to write manual but struggling with time.