The Fiesta MK7 Bulb Changing Guide

Guides to help you with certain aspects of your car. Please do not start a new topic asking questions in here, it will help keep the guides organised! If you do have a guide, please contribute it!
stutick
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: google

Re: The Fiesta MK7 Bulb Changing Guide

Post by stutick »

Does it matter if they are broken as the headlight sits back where it was, is secured by the bolts but not this stoopid clip... should i get new ones or will I be ok?

{text-align: center;}
trecoll
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium S TDCi
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by trecoll »

I'd think it would be OK to be honest. They're screwed and located down pretty well, if they feel solid, I'm sure they'll be fine!

stutick
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: google

Post by stutick »

Cool, i will get round to changing the clips, but as long as they dont perform any other role than holding the light then it can wait. Thanks again :-)

blue smarty
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7
Refferer: Google

Post by blue smarty »

Hi, I'm trying to change a rear light bulb, but I can't find the wing nut. I've put my hand in the boot and behind the unit, found a screw (not a wing nut) and undone that. I've also removed the two screws on the face of the unit. The only fitting I see is holding the rear seat belt in place. Can someone show me where to find this wing nut, please?

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

If you pull down the carpet and reach behind the light you should feel it, it's on quite a long thread.

tbebb
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6 zetec-s
Refferer: cool idea

Post by tbebb »

:D Fantastic Guide, real help when buying bulbs and most of all fitting them, never knew it could be this simple thanks to you! super one Rogue_shadow :D

Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Post by Graphite »

Thanks - guide came in useful today 8-)
I have done the wife's car with Osram night breaker dip beams, silver indicator bulbs and LED side light bulbs.
One of the indicator bulbs was a pig to get out... And even worse trying to get it back in - I was at the point of wondering whether I was going to have to take it to the dealer to get the bulb put back in LOL :grin: even got the missus to have a go thinking she might get a better position with smaller hands... Got it in the end though :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31

Ryan Middleton
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 2010 Black Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Internet

Post by Ryan Middleton »

Hi Guys,

Awesome guide by the way, im sure this will be a huuge help for when i come to fit my own, i have a couple of questions however.

im looking at getting 6000k HIDs on my ford fiesta ZS (think 8000k may be laittle too blue, dont fancy the risk of getting pulled) is there a HID kit that can give me the 6000k HID side lights, dipped beam and fog lights all in one kit, or is there a kit for just the dipped beam and fog lights and i just use 6000k hsalogen bulds as side lights? or so i have to have an individual kit for each set of lights?

i have been looking at the HID kits on Demon Tweeks, or would someone recommend another supplier? any links would also be appreciated.

as you can probably tell, im not terribly clued up with all this so a little advice would go a long way :)

Thanks

Ryan

jackreese
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 2009
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by jackreese »

Hi, I'm wondering if the Fiesta MK7 2009 has a 1156 socket for the back tail light?

Thanks

rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.4tdci
Refferer: Google

Post by rbj*rbj »

I am pulling my hair out as to the removal of this rear light.

I cant find the wing nut without it feeling like i will damage the trim
Mk7 1.4Tdci Titanium: Debadged (Model & Spec.), ClimAir Wind Deflectors, red footwell lighting, LED number plate bulbs, uprated headlight bulbs, Carbon effect DMB gel overlays, Richbrook Ford licensed ariel,

Coming Soon: armrest, rear footwell lighting, de-tango rear light, sub and amp, mud guards, piano black interior trim, K&N induction kit, eibach lowering springs, 17s, upgraded & amped speakers, ECU remap

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086