Martins ZS

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
Hydralore
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: MK7 ZS
Refferer: Google

Martins ZS

Post by Hydralore »

Hey guys, I recently got my new Silver Mk7 Zetec S, so here starts the journey.

It didn't come with the Skirts or the Tints so they're first on the list. But ill keep this updated on my journeys and hopefully get some help

I have a cheeky picture of my past Fiesta, which is now reduced to nothing! =[

As for the Mk7...
Heres the pictures as she stands : (Horrible quality, thankyou Iphone4!)

The cars getting booked in (hopefully for monday) for the roof to be wrapped in vinyl, It's going black, i'm unsure wether i want gloss black or matte black though?
Also getting its tints done at the same place, how dark should i go?

And iv decided to use my mondeo alloys and get them refurbed, as they're cheap to buy and i do deliveries in the car at the moment. I will get another set of alloys in the near future for shows/meets etc.

Well iv had the car just under a month, and heres my updates so far. .

First off i decided it needed the tints on the rear to give it a better look, so i went down to Xtreme Auto Tints and left my car there for an hour..

We also discussed wrapping my roof in black, which ended up talking about doing the roof with a camo effect like this...

So i had a think about it and decided it'd be something different, booked the car in for a camo roof, whilst there we decided it'd look good if we also done the mirrors.

Once i picked the car up the guys doing the work decided that we should do the petrol cap (free of charge) with some spare vinyl to see how it looked, we quite liked the outcome..

Got the car debadged..

I went to Audio Advice to talk about getting an install - got some usefull info and found this sitting outside...

Then off to falkirk to Skidz to look at which wheels id like to put on the car..

Almost instantly spotted some Borbet A's and we discussed stance and stretched tyres and decided on a set that were pretty deep dish, but we were unsure if it would hang out the arch, all he had in stock were 15"s so we test fitted them to find it hung out the arch a little, but after some calculation we worked out the 16" would be another 6-7mm out the arch...

After a look at some wheels im still unsure

pictures on the car
Image (these will be full black with a brushed lip, but there were none in stock)

pictures off the car
http://www.alloys-tyres-wheels.co.uk/me ... lk_svr.jpg

Also seen this on the way home

And a quick pic of how it stands..

Update time..

Got some wind defectors

and got them fitted

Got some new bulbs
and some new dmb badges

and got them fitted

then got my stickers fitted

i recieved this through the post and got it fitted up

how it sat afterwards..

And recieved my mountune cat-back yesterday, so its currently in the garage getting fitted whilst im at work

Tempted to get the back wrapped, and de wiper it.

It'll be the same vinyl, but im unsure where to get it from, so i have two choices?

Just picked the car up on my lunch...

{text-align: center;}
Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Martins ZS

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Welcome, your car looks great!
I'm sorry to say this, but that white one you encountered, is just heaven for me!
I got a silver mk7 aswell, and will be (very slowly) going down the same route as you, tints (done), red dmb's (done), heko deflectors (done), lowered, gloss black roof + mirrors, smoked out rear lights, uprated front bulbs etc etc haha.
Alot of people say silver isn't there favorite color for a ZS, but yours is a perfect example of when it's done right, just how good it looks. Nice job.

Hydralore
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Hydralore »

Thankyou, and Thankyou.

Yeah, i saw it sitting outside, when my car was basically standard, the guy wouldn't trade me. no idea why.
Sounds good, i wish i could just choose some alloys, im really struggling to decide on a set, but it would make the car look 10x better if i could get some.

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

I can't imagine why either haha!
I have no clue on what alloys i want either, so i'm leaving them for last, gives me more time to choose.
Especially since alloys make or break the look of any car (imo anyways)
So i just nosey around all the project threads and see what looks good on what colour etc.
I think i'm too fussy.

Hydralore
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Hydralore »

Hah
I know, its so difficult to choose, i refuse outright to have alloys with multistud fitment. But yeah, i'd have alloys on by now if i could choose.
I have some im looking at though..

Calibre Motion 2 black - they are multistud, but something similar maybe
ZCW Angel Black (polished lip, dunno if it'll stand out from the car too much)
Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 Gloss Black (5 spoke, don't want to look at the rear wheel and think... that looks daft, i can see loads of the ground)
Wolfrace Blitz Black (Seem to be a bit out of my comfort zone, risky choice i think & don't like the brand)
Comp Mo5's Black (5 spoke, don't want to look at the rear wheel and think... that looks daft, i can see loads of the ground)
Borbet A's (hang miles out the arch)

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

My fav out of those are the ZCW's, remind me of BBS alloys fitted to VW Golf Mk4's, love them.
Imo, really not a fan of the Blitz's, far too extreme for me!
Alot of people go for Lenso RS5's, but due to that fact, they might be a bit too common?

Hydralore
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Hydralore »

I really like the ZCW's, but im so uncertain how it's going to look with that polished lip. :think:

Lenso's are multifit, aswell as 5 spoke, which i cant picture because of the rear, if i see loads of the ground through it i'd be ... **** that.

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Ah fair enough. They're not my favourite but would be a good fall back set if i still couldn't make my mind up. If you don't like the polished lip, just it sprayed?

Hydralore
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Hydralore »

Thats fair, I don't wanna have to get new wheels sprayed, im keeping my eye out for something VERY similar, 4 stud, without the lip. But then i loose the slight dish if the lips gone...

Hydralore
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Hydralore »