Red & Black

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
DGZS
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Re: Red & Black

Post by DGZS »

Ive not done it before either but have been told there might not be a bleed valve on the mk7. Think ill check with my mate whos a mechanic before I start to do it!lol

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Red & Black

Post by Blueoval09 »

Just a tip, if you do change coolant hoses make sure you use the same coolant (ie pink or blue) when refilling, don't mix them as the ingredients react and turn sludgy (more gooey really but they thicken when mixed due to different additives). Had it happen with a truck engine & it took best part of 2 days to flush it properly :0(

DGZS

Post by DGZS »

Blueoval09 wrote:Just a tip, if you do change coolant hoses make sure you use the same coolant (ie pink or blue) when refilling, don't mix them as the ingredients react and turn sludgy (more gooey really but they thicken when mixed due to different additives). Had it happen with a truck engine & it took best part of 2 days to flush it properly :0(
Thanks for that, knew your not supposed to mix them but didn't know what happened if you did.

patterson
Refferer: Search Engine

Red & Black

Post by patterson »

I got my hoses and called a local mechanic for a quote to fit them which was 97 quid for an hour and a half work. I asked him how they would do it as it had no bleed valve and all he said basically was change hoses fill up with coolant. Run the engine with the cap of untill the fan kicks in or temp warning light comes on. Top up to the level cos it will sink and job done

Any mechanics agree or disagree with that? If it is the case I'll do it my self
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

DGZS

Post by DGZS »

patterson wrote:I got my hoses and called a local mechanic for a quote to fit them which was 97 quid for an hour and a half work. I asked him how they would do it as it had no bleed valve and all he said basically was change hoses fill up with coolant. Run the engine with the cap of untill the fan kicks in or temp warning light comes on. Top up to the level cos it will sink and job done

Thats the way I was told to do it to, although thinking about getting someone else to do it now as they fitted a set in Fast Ford mag to there fez & said its a right pain in the arse cos you have to take the alternator off to get to some of the hoses!

patterson

Red & Black

Post by patterson »

DGZS wrote:
patterson wrote:I got my hoses and called a local mechanic for a quote to fit them which was 97 quid for an hour and a half work. I asked him how they would do it as it had no bleed valve and all he said basically was change hoses fill up with coolant. Run the engine with the cap of untill the fan kicks in or temp warning light comes on. Top up to the level cos it will sink and job done

Thats the way I was told to do it to, although thinking about getting someone else to do it now as they fitted a set in Fast Ford mag to there fez & said its a right pain in the arse cos you have to take the alternator off to get to some of the hoses!

Which fast ford was that. I'm always buying them and only see a few things about the mk7 :( , this mechanic said he has not worked on the mk7 yet, so if that's the case I think my quote won't stand and I'm not willing to take parts of like that myself lol
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

DGZS

Post by DGZS »

Its in the latest issue although I get mine before its in the shops cos I subscribe, so might not be out yet. I'll have to get a quote, hopefully it wont be to expensive or it'll have to wait the same as everything else I want to do untill after ive done me class1 driving test!

patterson

Red & Black

Post by patterson »

Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

DGZS

Post by DGZS »

Not done anything lately, still got a few bits to in the garage waiting to go on just not got the time. Need some opinions on exterior and interior plastics. For the exterior plastics I'm thinking either gloss black to match the wheels or maybe get them carbon dipped and for the interior bits either gloss black again or maybe red to match the colour of the car. Let me know what you think would look best?!

patterson

Red & Black

Post by patterson »

Have you fitted your hoses yet?

Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011