Seans Mk7

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Seans Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

DGZS wrote:
Seans_Fes_Mk7 wrote:Oh. The person i bought them off had a mk6 fiesta and decided to use 195/45/17s. Not my choice, but they were brand new tyres so couldn't complain. I will be putting 205/40s on when they come round to being changed.
That must be a bit of a stretch getting 195/45's on em, originally on the Focus they come with 215/45's. You're best off with 205/40's when you change em, keeps the speedo accurate.
Yeah they've got a bit of stretch in the sidewall, not a fan at all. Can't see why the v-dub scene loves it so much. It just makes the car seem wallowy and unbalanced. The tyres screech like I'm sexually assaulting them with a rhino everytime it see's a corner at speed, can't wait to switch them. I was using several tyre size calculators and 215/35/17 is a perfect swap for my original size tyres, but the only tyres I can find in that size is Conti's at around 150 a corner. So I'll stick with 75ish a corner and have to 'put up with' 205/40s :P

{text-align: center;}
DGZS
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Post by DGZS »

You saying that has made me think, mine don't handle to great on the 205's. I thought it was just cos I've got budget tyres but maybe it's cos of the stretch. Went for them cos that's the size used on street pack alloys, tyre calculator said they were ok and thought both ST170 alloys & street pack ones were the same width. Might have to invest in some 215/35/17's when it's time for some new rubber, I don't mind paying a bit extra as its the only thing between me and the road!!!

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

DGZS wrote:You saying that has made me think, mine don't handle to great on the 205's. I thought it was just cos I've got budget tyres but maybe it's cos of the stretch. Went for them cos that's the size used on street pack alloys, tyre calculator said they were ok and thought both ST170 alloys & street pack ones were the same width. Might have to invest in some 215/35/17's when it's time for some new rubber, I don't mind paying a bit extra as its the only thing between me and the road!!!
Go for some better tyres at 205/40 1st and see if that makes a difference. I had the hankook s1 evo's as stock on my car, couldn't stand the things, truly awful for my style of driving. Since then, I've had Bridgestone ER300s, Parada Spec 2s, UniRoyal RainSport 2s and now Toyo Proxes 4, The Bridgestones and UniRoyals are my favourite out of the tyres I've used on this car. It all depends on your style of driving really, if you're doing the daily run sensible speed no drama, anything will do really, but doesn't hurt spending a bit more so you know if you want a bit of fun, you can without making it dangerous.

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

1 thing I'd be concerned about with using 215/35s, is the very small sidewalls, I'd be worried stiff everytime i ran over a pothole. I'm sure upping the PSI would solve most of that problem, but still, concerning matters to me, especially if spending that much a corner.

stephens_0n
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: google

Post by stephens_0n »

sorry for a silly question but i can get a hold of st170 wheels and i really like how they look on your car. do they wheeks fit directly if not what need changing? thanks.

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

stephens_0n wrote:sorry for a silly question but i can get a hold of st170 wheels and i really like how they look on your car. do they wheeks fit directly if not what need changing? thanks.
Thank you. Nothing needs to be changed or altered, the centre bore on mine were quite tight compared to my previous wheels, but that might just of been excess paint on the inside of the wheel.

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Update time.
Recently fitted 4 new Kumho KU39s in 205/40 compared to the previous 195/45s. Much better road grip, minimal noise, love them.
Also bought and fitted AP coilovers.
This is how it now sits.

patterson

Seans Mk7

Post by patterson »

Seans_Fes_Mk7 wrote:Update time.
Recently fitted 4 new Kumho KU39s in 205/40 compared to the previous 195/45s. Much better road grip, minimal noise, love them.
Also bought and fitted AP coilovers.
This is how it now sits.

Looking nice
How easy where the ap's to fit?
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Seans_Fes_Mk7

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Easy as mate. If you've changed springs before, it's virtually the same as that, except 2 extra bolts holding the rear shocks in :P

patterson

Seans Mk7

Post by patterson »

Seans_Fes_Mk7 wrote:Easy as mate. If you've changed springs before, it's virtually the same as that, except 2 extra bolts holding the rear shocks in :P
May have to be my next mod then
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701