RBJ Mk7 Titanium Tdci 70 Progress thread

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.4tdci
Refferer: Google

RBJ Mk7 Titanium Tdci 70 Progress thread

Post by rbj*rbj »

Hi all.

New to the forum but been a reader for a while.
No majorly huge plans for the car but definitely a few thoughts going through my mind.

I have had a fiesta in the past. It was a 1.25 zetec. By the time i sold it I had debadged (Model & Spec.), fitted a K&N cone, ClimAir Wind Deflectors, Bee Sting Arial,Pentagon Tints, led number plate lights, JL 12W3 sub and 300w JL G1300 amp, mud guards, red front footwell lights.

I had always wanted to upgrade the door speakers along with fitting 17s and lowering slightly. Hopfully this will be fulfilled this time round! :D

Anyway, here is what i have done to the car in the first few days of ownership.

My dad has been running this car for about ten months now, pretty much just to get to work and back, so he didnt have to start up his RS4!
After spending alot of money running my BMW i decided i needed something more cost effective.
After a bit of negotiation i came to an arrangement to buy his fiesta off him.

He lives in manchester but drove it down to the midlands for 'hand-over'!

I was aware it was a high spec vehicle but was please to find out that it even had keyless start.

It was pretty dusty/dirty on the inside, and teh front was covered in flies from the motorway journey.

The vey first thing I did was to de-badge the rear of model and spec., and dig out my old wind deflectors and rubber mats from my previous Mk7.

And then gave the car a full clean, briefly including;
- Full interior clean, vacuum and dress plastics
- Snowfoam (AB magifoam... or superfoam, i never remember)
- Clean wheels
- Rinse
- Wash using 2bm (Dodo SP shampoo)
- Decon'd paintwork and wheels with Purple Rain
- Rinse
- De-tar bodywork and wheels (AG intensive tar remover)
- Dried
- Engine bay cleaned and dressed (AB tyre dressing)
- Hand polished (MER polish sample i have had lying around for ages)
- Waxed with Dodo Juice supernatural hybrid
- Seal wheels (AG EGP)
- Tyre shine (MEgs endurance)

The snowfoam just dissolved the bugs and dirt

Happy with the end result.:thumb:

Then the following day I also couldnt resist doing a few bits and pieces and working out what I need to purch!

I tidied the boot!
(now also joined by some QD and microfibre)

I changed the footwell bulbs to red LEDs

And applied AutoBrite's Repel rain repellant to glass windows

That is briefly what has gone on in the last 36 or so hours.

Many many more plans to come.

:driver::driver::driver:

If any of the car cleaning/detailing abbreviations need explaining please let me know (section of this thread also used on DetailingWorld)

I have also purchased DMB gel badge overlays, LED number plate bulbs, full front light cluster bulbs (including de-tangoed indicators for front and rear) and carbon fibre key skin
Mk7 1.4Tdci Titanium: Debadged (Model & Spec.), ClimAir Wind Deflectors, red footwell lighting, LED number plate bulbs, uprated headlight bulbs, Carbon effect DMB gel overlays, Richbrook Ford licensed ariel,

Coming Soon: armrest, rear footwell lighting, de-tango rear light, sub and amp, mud guards, piano black interior trim, K&N induction kit, eibach lowering springs, 17s, upgraded & amped speakers, ECU remap

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086

{text-align: center;}
AJA
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 09 3dr Fiesta Style+

Re: RBJ Mk7 Titanium Tdci 70 Progress thread

Post by AJA »

Looking good mate. :)

rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by rbj*rbj »

AJA wrote:Looking good mate. :)
Thanks.
Mk7 1.4Tdci Titanium: Debadged (Model & Spec.), ClimAir Wind Deflectors, red footwell lighting, LED number plate bulbs, uprated headlight bulbs, Carbon effect DMB gel overlays, Richbrook Ford licensed ariel,

Coming Soon: armrest, rear footwell lighting, de-tango rear light, sub and amp, mud guards, piano black interior trim, K&N induction kit, eibach lowering springs, 17s, upgraded & amped speakers, ECU remap

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086

rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by rbj*rbj »

Minor update

So... my Carbon4Keys skin came in the post today

Grabbed some APC, a stanley knife and a hairdryer and set to work!

Work in progress:

And the finished article:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086

LesleyLouise
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: '61 Fiesta Zetec 1.25

Post by LesleyLouise »

Love it!
LesleyLouise...*

2011 Fiesta Zetec; 1.25; 82PS; Panther Black;

rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by rbj*rbj »

Headlight Bulb Change

So, finally got round to replacing all of the bulbs in my headlight clusters for brighter whiter light. Along with 'de-tangoing' the front and rear.

Not many pics as just wanted to get on with it. Is a right pain in the ar$e! I guess they must make it so tricky to change a bulb so that they can potetialy profit out of it when Mr/Mrs Smith bring the car into the dealership!

Huge light unit out of the car:

Light cluster before:

Light cluster after:

Sidelights:

Main beam:

Still cant seem to do my :censored: rear indicators yet though.
Finding it impossible to locate the wing nut to release the rear light without doing some damage to interior trim! :wall:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086

marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Post by marshboy »

The wing nut is in the boot there's a Philips screw on the boot trim plastic bit level with the rear lamp take the screw out then pull the carpet back, the wheel arch carpet, then reach up and you should feel it.
It's plastic wing nut about big as 50p piece can't miss it!
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by rbj*rbj »

marshboy wrote:The wing nut is in the boot there's a Philips screw on the boot trim plastic bit level with the rear lamp take the screw out then pull the carpet back, the wheel arch carpet, then reach up and you should feel it.
It's plastic wing nut about big as 50p piece can't miss it!

thanks mate
will give it another look next time it stops raiing!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086

samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by samjprobinson »

Seeing this picture is really weird. I take it that's a Honda Civic Type S that the chair is next too? We have just got a Honda Civic to complement our Fiesta Titanium in the same colour! Strange!!! However my Fez is grey.

rbj*rbj
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by rbj*rbj »

samjprobinson wrote:Image

Seeing this picture is really weird. I take it that's a Honda Civic Type S that the chair is next too? We have just got a Honda Civic to complement our Fiesta Titanium in the same colour! Strange!!! However my Fez is grey.

WOW!! what a spot there!!

It is indeed a Honda Civic. It is a poverty spec diesel though not a type S.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2086