New here or never introduced yourself?
jhaedee
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 09 Plate
Refferer: google

Help! I've bent my Fiesta :(

Post by jhaedee »

Hi guys, i'm realllllly hoping someone on here will be able to help me with some advice or information.

Basically, as my title says i have, sadly, bent my fiesta. It was in a supermarket car park on Saturday evening. I pulled out of a parking spot and hit a pillar as i had (apparently) cut the corner and smacked said pillar with my passenger door. I was devastated to learn that not only had i put a bit dent in my passenger door but also bent the SILL! :(

Fortunatley the rubber seal is still intact, the electric windows and mirrors still works and it still locks - basically it functions perfectly fine it just has some unsightly cosmetic damage.

I haven't been able to get any estimates for it yet but i wondered if anyone had any advice or info that might help me in this situation. I'm basically wondering how much it's likely to cost me as i'm wanting to try and not get the insurers involved if i can avoid it.

I'm based in Leeds and i was hoping to get info on:

* Suggestions for how i can get it fixed

*Recommendations for who could fix it

*How much it's likely to cost me to get fixed

* If this has happened to anyone else

Any info or advice would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thanks so much guys :)

{text-align: center;}
jhaedee
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 09 Plate
Refferer: google

Re: Help! I've bent my Fiesta :(

Post by jhaedee »

SimonA
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: ford fiesta style
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by SimonA »

Hey sorry about your little accident! :shifty:
I did something like that, I reversed into a little bollard with having my fiesta only a few days needed a whole new door!
looks like you may need to get a new door and skirt, I'd say take it to a few local garages where you live to find the cheapest quotes because for ford to do it will rip you off massively!

JackClargo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fez mk7 zetecs petrol
Refferer: good old google

Post by JackClargo »

Keep a eye out on eBay you might get same colour door and skirt from breaking cars (saves spraying)