gurninman
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.25 Edge
Refferer: Search engine

Newbie from Southampton

Post by gurninman »

Hi all,
Just a quickie to say hello - I should be picking up my new (to me) 1.25 Edge this week
My old bus, a Saab 9-3, has finally given up so I needed another vehicle.Hired a Fiesta to drive from Southampton to Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago, and was proper impreseds so I decided to buy one :)
It may be only the 1.25 motor, but it was perky enough and the handling is amazing compared to the old Saab (although it only has a third of the power....)
Not bothered abouth the lack of power - I have a bike for speed kicks and just need something to do the 150 mile round trip to work once a week and up and down the A34 to pick the kids up.

Dave

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Newbie from Southampton

Post by jam_rs »

Welcome to the site! Did you consider a diesel model at all, given your trip each week to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

gurninman
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.25 Edge
Refferer: Search engine

Re: Newbie from Southampton

Post by gurninman »

I did indeed consider a diesel one, but I only do the commute once a week, working from home the other 4 days so the total mileage was probably borderline whether diesel would be cost effective
The 1.25 will certainly be much cheaper to run than the 2.0l , 220bhp turbo Saab :)
I was impressed by the fuel economy when I hired a 1.25 Zetec to do the 600 mile run to Aberdeen , and the engine never felt stressed on the long run up the M6