Key not working

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
James
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Google

Key not working

Post by James »

The spare key for my car does not work when you try to use the remote central locking. I'm guessing its the battery, but am unsure of how to change it. Can you do it yourself or does it require a trip to the dealer to reprogram etc?

Cheers, James.

{text-align: center;}
Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Key not working

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

The little slot on the back of the key, stick a screwdriver in there and push. That seperates the top and bottom halves. Then on each side of the fob there is a small little push clip, push those and you'll expose the battery. Change then reverse process, everything should click back into place without force or any tools. I sort of had the same problem, turns out i bent one of the battery prongs when i replaced the battery, so it still wouldn't work. Be careful on what you touch. If that doesn't work, Ford will figure it out for you.

James
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Google

Post by James »

Thanks for the reply, will give it a go when I get back! ;)

dominic606839
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta 1.4 tdci
Refferer: google

Post by dominic606839 »

hi my key also isn't working properly i have changed the battery and it still isn't performing well is there a reason for this thanks