New Fiesta Mk7 ST

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

New Fiesta Mk7 ST

Post by jam_rs »

I know theres not really much info on the mk7 fez st, but what specs are you hoping for?
newfiestast.jpg
newfiestast.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
newfiestast2.jpg
newfiestast2.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 2703 times

From rumours it looks like it will be about 180 bhp, 1.6 ecoboost engine.
Would like there to be a choice between manual or dsg gearboxs
Proper leather recaros would be good too!
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

{text-align: center;}
Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Vision Blue ZS TDCI
Refferer: Google

New Fiesta Mk7 ST

Post by Jdun5746 »

Can't see the leather recaro seat tbh when the focus doesn't have them maybe an optional extra.

The only thing i would like to know is when it's being introduced

Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: New Fiesta Mk7 ST

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

180bhp isn't enough though to compete with the clio and corsa, that's just unacceptable imo. Needs to at least match, then with the looks, will prob be the class topper.

Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

New Fiesta Mk7 ST

Post by Jdun5746 »

When had the fez ever matched power wise in it's class, the only reason I have the mk7 is the look if I wanted power I'd choose the corsa all day even the SRI would piss over the ST it's embarrassing really for a ford fan.

Seans_Fes_Mk7
Drives: Mk7 Style +

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Still, it's like Peugeot's new RCZ, looks amazing, but only has a crappy 2.0 engine, hardly matching it's exterior styling.
My point is, they should at least match power if they don't or won't exceed the others, make them more appealing.

Jdun5746
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

New Fiesta Mk7 ST

Post by Jdun5746 »

In all honesty if insurance wasn't an issue I wouldn't be driving a fez I'm 19 I want some fun and i want a hot hatch clio sport or corsa SRI/VXR maybe the VTS are my only options. Don't get me wrong I love my mk7 and I loved my mk6 but there's no thrill driving them like there is with one of the others.

Look at the Ibiza cupra that's so cheap to insure it looks the bollocks and goes like a bastard. Ford need to sort out the power issue with the fez and the focus too imo when the Astra VXRa can piss over a focus ST they need to spend some more time tuning their cars it's just not good enough, fair enough handling is awesome but without power it's useless

DGZS
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Post by DGZS »

You sort of hit the nail on the head there, ford concentrate more on the handling meaning the cars are more insurable to young drivers like yourself which means they sell more. I totaly agree they should up the power, the zetec s is well under power. Having said that in some cars handling can make a difference, when they tested the focus on top gear it pretty much matched the astra round track cos of its handling. Back to the fiesta st, as long as they keep the weight down it should be a great little car and sticking to 180bhp gives ford the option of then producing a fiesta rs.

andyessex
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: S1600 134

Post by andyessex »

although the power may seem less, 0-60 should be the same and the handling goes 50/50 with power, you can have 400bhp under the bonnet but if the chassis cant handle it or the drive is shit, not worth it! would be nice to have a 200bhp plus fiesta though, as far as i know (with family that work for ford) no RS will come for the fiesta, but will for the focus again, they can do alot more with it that the fez.