Leak In Boot - Help Please!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Dodstom
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine

Leak In Boot - Help Please!

Post by Dodstom »

Hi all. I'm new to forums so please bear with me!

Ok so lets begin - I've had my Fiesta Zetec-S since last September. For the last 3/4 months the car has had a damp moldy smell which has gradually got worse. On investigating I noticed that the spare wheel well was full of water and the carpets were turning moldy so I took the car to Ford but they said the car only has 1 year warranty on leaks and wanted £80 to diagnose where the leak was coming from which I simply refuse to pay!

I've drained the water from the spare wheel well but I'm struggling to find where the leak is coming from as everywhere seems to be damp! I've pulled back the fabric on the roof and its soaking underneath! There's also water leaking from the plastic covers next to the rear seat belts. I've tried to show to the best I can in the below pictures.

Does anyone know if this is a common fault and whats the best way of finding out where the leak is coming from?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

{text-align: center;}
status-tdci
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Re: Leak In Boot - Help Please!

Post by status-tdci »

Looks like either the hatch seal or the wiring grommets.
how old is the car ? is it still under warranty.

if its over 12 months old, ford will not cover adjustments or re-seals to the car.

dovski
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6 tdci econetic

Post by dovski »

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but my car developed the same fault, well the wifes actually ...
My rear pax carpet and boot are sodden but it looks like the rear window winders are winding down slowly over a weeks driving. In the rain the water obviously runs rearwards to the c pillar and down into the boot or carpets depending on what the car is doing at the time. I've resealed the light units in the boot and used a hose now and cannot find any other place the water can be coming in, including the roof bar seals and wiring grommets etc. Mines a 2009 car.

Would anyone know if there has been a recall for rear windows winding down by themselves on the mk7? :roll:

Thx in advance
Dov

dovski
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by dovski »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru9iICwVLtI This could also be a great help to any one having a similar problem..

dovski
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by dovski »

After watching the video link and examining the car, I realised the hing arrangement is different. Since last post I've taken sealant and sealed up ALL the exposed joining edges as I failed to believe the video content at first and thought the seams cant be wicking the water up and into the car ...but it did. So, I'm waiting on rain returning to see if the leak is fixed. I could never replicate the leak using a hose either..