Adzy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: MK7 Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine

New car, minor incident on second day.

Post by Adzy »

Morning all. 

Standard newcomer really. Used to own a mk6 fiesta. Just treated myself to an upgrade to a mk7 zetec s. 

The unfortunate circumstances that lead me to this forum was a bird strike on my first drive to work in the mk7 yesterday morning. 

The left headlight took the most of the impact, leaving the bodywork undamaged if not just a different colour. However the headlight unit was not so lucky. 
The plastic bracket at the top of the unit has shattered around the screw. Does anyone know what my best plan of action to fix this would be? So far I can see it being a whole new unit but seems a bit excessive. 

This is the first car I have been proud of and was looking for ways to keep it looking good and making a few small mods to just tweak the look. But unfortunately leaving that on hold now until I get it fixed. 

{text-align: center;}
northeastzetecs
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Zetec s

Re: New car, minor incident on second day.

Post by northeastzetecs »

a whole new unit if the brackets has broken :(

unless you can cable tie them together?

trecoll
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium S TDCi

Post by trecoll »

One of my top brackets is broken. A previous owner tried to glue back together, but that doesn't hold so well.

I found aligning it up and using sh*t loads of electrical tape is holding it quite well :lol:

Adzy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Adzy »

Cheers guys.

I have a quick fix with some tape for now with a view to replace the unit after pay day.

Adam

Adzy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Adzy »

All sorted,

New unit fitted in place. So far not got any good pictures of the car yet. Usual story - Panther Black being a nightmare to keep clean.

Does anybody have any cleaning tips or a routine to hand on? So far its a sponge and bucket with a hose after, not giving the desired effect. I am willing to spend the cash on any juices and equipment required.

Thanks,

Adam

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

New car, minor incident on second day.

Post by Blueoval09 »

I use meguires ultimate wash & wax for routine washing, along with meguires endurance tire gel & meguires ultimate protectant on the trim, for the windows i use rain-x weatherbeater 2 in 1 glass cleaner. Every 6 months i use autoglym clay bar & detailer spray to take all the ingrained cack off and then use autoglym high definition wax (used to use meguires techwax 2.0 paste but it's been discontinued unfortunately) still a pig to keep her looking clean but thats the price to pay for having a black car (plus it gets me out the misses way once a week!)