Gearbox problems!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Nemesis
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta mk7 titanium 1.6
Refferer: Search Engine

Gearbox problems!

Post by Nemesis »

Just wondering if even anybody else is having problems with there gearbox?
Every now an then my gears stiffen up and cause like a grind effect then will loosen up. This is making the joy of driving this car terrible.
I dunno if it's doing it because the car is cold or what, can anybody recommend anything?

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Gearbox problems!

Post by jam_rs »

Sounds a bit suspect, how many miles has the car done?
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

yozzerhughes
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta mk 7
Refferer: person

Post by yozzerhughes »

I also get this problem, apparently it is the gear changing arm that sits on the gear box or engine i cant remember which, what happens is that the arm distorts with the heat and creates a stiff gear change especially when the engine is hot, i find 3rd gear can grind when changing and 1st can be stiff to get in gear, as my fiesta was registered 30/12/09 i should have enough on the warranty to get it fixed, i have heard that the problem is rectified by changing the arm, I will wait until the weather improves before i take it into ford.

shaunb
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: fiesta mk7 ghia
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by shaunb »

I just took mine back to Ford as I couldnt get the 4rth gear in without the ginding noise. Even with double clutching and easy driving it made an awful noise and they have decided to replace the syncromesh. Luckily its under guarantee.. I only had it 2 weeks and its run 33000kms.
Fingers crossed !