help removing speedo/rev trim??

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
JBROBB
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec
Refferer: google

Post by JBROBB »

hey everyone, I'm currently painting all the silver trim inside my mk7 zetec. I can't figure out how to get the silver trim that surrounds the speedo and rev counter out, if anyone knows how to go about this it would be a massive help cheers :)

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Blueoval09 »

Pop the little silver disc in the top middle of the cowl (above the clocks) out with a small screwdriver (push up & back at the same time and it should pop out), theres a screw under that, then pull the plastic bit at the bottom towards you (the bit with the rubber attached that stretches when the wheel is adjusted) the other 2 screws are under it, undo them then just carefully pull it clear, the clocks will come with it but are seperate to it

JBROBB
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec
Refferer: google

Re: help removing speedo/rev trim??

Post by JBROBB »

nice one thanks a lot man :)

RickyTitX
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 TitaniumX
Refferer: forum

Post by RickyTitX »

JBROBB wrote:hey everyone, I'm currently painting all the silver trim inside my mk7 zetec. I can't figure out how to get the silver trim that surrounds the speedo and rev counter out, if anyone knows how to go about this it would be a massive help cheers :)

I'm planning on painting all the interior plastics in my titanium. It would be a massssiveeeeee help if you could do a project sort of thing/guide on the process. Including removing the plastics and painting as I'm a complete newbie and need to know if it's something I can do myself or if I need to pay somebody :think:

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

RickyTitX wrote:
JBROBB wrote:hey everyone, I'm currently painting all the silver trim inside my mk7 zetec. I can't figure out how to get the silver trim that surrounds the speedo and rev counter out, if anyone knows how to go about this it would be a massive help cheers :)

I'm planning on painting all the interior plastics in my titanium. It would be a massssiveeeeee help if you could do a project sort of thing/guide on the process. Including removing the plastics and painting as I'm a complete newbie and need to know if it's something I can do myself or if I need to pay somebody :think:
My vid may be able to help with that ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1eZvobdqvo