New here or never introduced yourself?
greensage
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec 1.4 petrol
Refferer: Search Engine/

Help!

Post by greensage »

My '59 plate Fiesta has recently started to lose the new car smell and instead smells of wet carpet. It drove me mad for weeks trying to locate the smell until I opened the boot one day and there was a dribble of water coming from the anchor point for the rear seat when it clicks back into its upright position. The dribble now seems to be getting more like a little stream when it rains and its making the spare wheel tray, boot carpet and rear arch carpet soaked. From the outside of the car I can't work out how water can be getting to this point. Any help would be appreciated!

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Help!

Post by Blueoval09 »

I'd check the foam rubber seal on the rear light cluster, especially if you've had the lights out, could well be that, if not possibly where the spoiler bolts to the boot lid but then it'd most likely drip onto the seats

greensage
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec 1.4 petrol
Refferer: Search Engine/

Re: Help!

Post by greensage »

Thanks! I just pulled the rear arch carpet out to see and poured water over the roof. It seemed to be coming from under the headliner so I can only assume now that its coming from the window or most likely the mount for the roof bars we fitted a couple of months back. Hopefully it will seal properly if re-fitted with some sealant-fingers crossed.