samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Greetings

Post by samjprobinson »

Hi all,

I have just stumbled across this forum after owning my Fiesta 1.6TDCI Titanium (my car) and the wife a Fiesta 1.4i Zetec for the last 6 months. I live in Guernsey and love driving the roads round here with the pokey diesel torque and power delivery. I know we can only drive at 35MPH, and the Fiesta makes it enjoyable! I look forward to getting involved more with the group and also making new friends.
Attachments
My 1.6TDCI Titanium
My 1.6TDCI Titanium
2012-07-01 06.24.00.jpg (68.56 KiB) Viewed 763 times
The Wifes Zetec 1.4i
The Wifes Zetec 1.4i
IMAG0086.jpg (165.39 KiB) Viewed 765 times

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Greetings

Post by Blueoval09 »

Know what you mean about the roads, me & the mrs go to jersey (don't be offended! Lol) every year, the closeness of the walls make it seem you're doing 60! Got the 1.6tdci myself & its a lovely little car, i'd recommend a set of eibach pro sport springs and a set of hel performance braided hoses, transform the handling & braking for £300-£400, plus fitting unless you're handy with the spanners

samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by samjprobinson »

Eugh Jersey!!! No its not too bad over there, but the old Island rivalry is still strong between the Bailiwicks! I have an extensive set now of 4 broken mirror covers for the wifes car, due to walls or hire cars going the other way who don't understand the law saying you must drive on the pavement if theres a car coming the other way!
I have been thinking of upgrading brakes and springs for a few weeks now. I may have to look more into this, as we're off to see the wifes relatives in the Lake District after christmas and theres some cracking roads up there! Will be interesting to see how economical the TDCI will be on the motorways and fast A roads. Also, the last time I ventured over to Weymouth I was stopped for my "illegal" HID headlights, until they saw the numberplates and told me to go away! Ah the joys!!!

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Blueoval09 »

Got a 6000k hid kit in mine and never been stopped, maybe just been lucky! Took mine to cornwall this year loaded with camping gear and done just shy of 1200 miles on 75 litres at average motorway/A road speeds, works out around 72 mpg i think although the trip meter never shows above 54mpg. Fitted the 300mm brake upgrade a few months ago as well as the braided lines and it's like chucking an anchor out the back now, may be a bit overkill if you spend most of the time on Guernsey though