FezZS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mk7 Zetec S Petrol
Refferer: Google

Hi from Essex.

Post by FezZS »

Hi all,

Recently got a Mk7 Zetec S 'in petrol'. I owned a Mk5 Zetec S many years ago and then Renault Clios for the last 5 years.

I went for a Fiesta this time because last year I managed to borrow a Zetec S TDCI and was blown away by it. It looks fantastic, handles beautifully and is very nimble out of the bends due to the surprising amount of torque. Plus the fuel economy, even when driving hard with the AC on, is unreal. Shame I was a little disappointed that the power is 30hp less than the Petrol model and it suffers from crippling turbo lag if you don't keep the revs in the right range.

So... I went for a Petrol model. Got a good deal from Ford used, it's fully loaded, with the chav pack and 16" alloys. Definitely looks the part and everything I disliked about the Diesel version is ironed out as the Petrol feels so much more willing to shift on request unlike the Diesel which sometimes felt like a racehorse that needed whipping.

As for modifications - I'm not going to touch any of it. I played that game with my Mk5 ZS and as I'm not mechanically trained it was a massive pain to get things ironed out with too much money spent on labour. This will be kept vanilla as I don't feel like anything needs doing and as it's only 18 months old with 5k miles, I want it to be easy to sell on in 3 years. Although I'm sure there will be some projects on here that inspire me so who knows?

My only issue is my girlfriend is the main driver. I commute to work on the train and she works locally so gets the car during the week while all I get is sweaty armpits on the tube. I don't agree that all women are bad drivers but she is one of those types who although good at driving, has a habit of driving out of tight junctions and scraping the wheels, with no care at all. Therefore every day I get home from work I'm praying she hasn't gone up a kerb or scraped a wall while turning out of a tight space (which she did in my Clio 172).

:mrgreen: