Fiesta MK7 Zetec S Tdci Serious Help Needed!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Ash2304
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: google

Fiesta MK7 Zetec S Tdci Serious Help Needed!

Post by Ash2304 »

Firstly I would like to say Hi!
I've got myself a Mk7 Zetec S Tdci (09) , bought it back in September. Shortly after obtaining the car I had an injector give up on me so had that replaced, at the same time the engine was throwing up fault codes to do with the EGR being either stuck open or blocked, so I had this blanked off at the same time.

Now here comes my problem, at completely random times (start or end of a journey, hot or cold, whenever) the car would lose all boost and then subsequently only rev to just below 4000 rpm, making it very slow and sluggish and almost unbearable to drive. Sometime the EML will light up with the fault code about the EGR, now I put this down to not having the EGR deleted from the ECU when blanking it off. But this is where I struggle to understand the problem and so do the mechanics I've spoken to- to temporarily fix the issue, I could bring the car to a complete stop, the wheels had to be stationary, then set off again and 99% of the time the car fixed itself until the next time which could be a minute later or a week later. It Didn't work by bringing it back down to idle by depressing the clutch or just turning the engine on and off.

I've just had the car Remapped and at the same time had the EGR removed from the ECU at the same time, it was fine for a day but now the same issue has come back, just not quite as sluggish without boost, and once again the same temporary fix.

Has anyone any advice or ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Ash

{text-align: center;}
lyhnedk
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta cdci mk7
Refferer: facebook

Re: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S Tdci Serious Help Needed!

Post by lyhnedk »

have you checked the injector seals???? its a common issue on these.

and then check your ic hoses for oil