Superchips Remap 1.6 TDCI (95) - Results

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
goldenears
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: MK7 Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Google

Superchips Remap 1.6 TDCI (95) - Results

Post by goldenears »

Hi all,

Just thought I would share my results/experience follow the Superchips remap.

Going from an AMG Mercedes to the little 1.6 was quite a change but this remap has transformed the car. Its now a lot more fun to drive, no longer need a 2 mile run up to overtake.

Superchips came out and installed the remap yesterday, took around 1 hour to read the car, make the parameter changes and load on the new file. The file can now be loaded directly via the OBD port. Previously the ECU needed to be removed.

Stats:

BHP Gain: 26
NM Gain: 48

Power Graph: http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/Fiesta16TDCi95ps.pdf
Link: http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make ... riant=2385

Doesn't sound like a lot but on a 1100kg car it makes a big difference.

The car is now pretty rapid, 1st gear pulls really well power/torque is much better through the gears. The remap increases various parameters such as Fuelling (mg), Injection duration, boost pressure and rail pressure.

I have driven about 50 miles so far, no issues with engine check lights and MPG has not increase or decreased.

Overall, would highly recommend especially with the EGR blank as well.

{text-align: center;}
bachu1
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec s
Refferer: forum

Re: Superchips Remap 1.6 TDCI (95) - Results

Post by bachu1 »

Did you have a problem before it was mapped first and second was very slow / hesitant as mine seems to be and I've heard the ecu upgrade from ford may help this?

DanRAllison
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by DanRAllison »

What happens with the dpf?? Might do this

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Post by tonyk »

I've had this on mine for about a year, well recommended but you will notice a change in fuel consumption unless you change your driving style, as recommended by Superchips.

WozzerZetecS
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine/Forum

Post by WozzerZetecS »

Isit worth chipping the 1.6 zetec s petrol? Ive had a few quotes off couple companies and its only pushing it up about 10-13 bhp and about 18hp. Was just wondering if there was anything that could do it more? Say an extra 30/40?