1.6 TDCI mpg

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Doc943 »

Don't get frisky and turn the AC off :)

{text-align: center;}
Lord Miff
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Slowly & smoothly.
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: 1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Lord Miff »

Mine ranges from 52mpg to 67mpg. I mostly do a commute of 40 miles on open A roads.

I usually change up a gear between 1500 & 2000 rpm. I use cruise control on the flat bits (so quite a lot here in Norfolk). I rarely use the air con. Look ahead and avoid braking where you can. If the traffic lights in front are RED, then take your foot OFF the throttle. There's no point accelerating up to a red light, when you then have to brake.

I'm usually cruising at 50-60mph. My proper MPG (ie actually worked out with a calculator) is usually 1 or 2mpg better than the trip computer displays.
I generally use SHELL diesel. Supermarket fuel is CRAP.

Even if I drive like a total twat, I still get 52 to a tankfull.

When was the last time you checked your tyre pressures and oil level? These make a difference.
2009 Fiesta 1600 tdci TITanium. 65.64mpg so far :-)

Couple of motorbikes. Sod the MPG, they're faster and more fun than cars :-D

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Post by tonyk »

Lord Miff wrote:Mine ranges from 52mpg to 67mpg. I mostly do a commute of 40 miles on open A roads.

I usually change up a gear between 1500 & 2000 rpm. I use cruise control on the flat bits (so quite a lot here in Norfolk). I rarely use the air con. Look ahead and avoid braking where you can. If the traffic lights in front are RED, then take your foot OFF the throttle. There's no point accelerating up to a red light, when you then have to brake.

I'm usually cruising at 50-60mph. My proper MPG (ie actually worked out with a calculator) is usually 1 or 2mpg better than the trip computer displays.
I generally use SHELL diesel. Supermarket fuel is CRAP.

Even if I drive like a total twat, I still get 52 to a tankfull.

When was the last time you checked your tyre pressures and oil level? These make a difference.
Great advice there.I'm sure the garage filled the oil to above the max, I'll have it changed in the next 2k so I will ensure this is not done again.

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Doc943 »

Much better advice than mine. All quite correct of course. There seems to be a sweet spot around 55 mph that cruises nicely and average mpg slowly reduces. My wish to better economic acceleration is if the cruise control would increase the speed slower. My previous Honda Accord did this and also helped get better mpg figures.

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Doc943 »

.... Meant to say average mpg increases slowly....

RickyTitX
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 TitaniumX
Refferer: forum

Post by RickyTitX »

Great advice mate thanks alot. Today I reset the trip and got52mpg around town following you guys advice.
What's the recommended tyre pressures for the 17inch sport pack alloy tyres?

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

1.6 TDCI mpg

Post by Doc943 »

I've always put 32psi all round in mine.

trecoll
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium S TDCi
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by trecoll »

There should be a sticker in the passenger door shut with all the tyre pressures on...

nwmlarge

Post by nwmlarge »

RickyTitX wrote:Great advice mate thanks alot. Today I reset the trip and got52mpg around town following you guys advice.
What's the recommended tyre pressures for the 17inch sport pack alloy tyres?
32 f 26 r according to the owners manual