Rear speakers need to be activated?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Hearnige
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7
Refferer: car forums

Post by Hearnige »

hi all

I have first decided to fit some rear speakers as my new car didnt have any but has the wiring :roll:

This is now done but all im getting is static so iv had a look online and come across a couple of posts saying you have to plug in to the firmware and turn rear speakers on.. which ford would charge me to do?. any ideas would be much appreciated :D

iv thought of the obvious, the speakers were in my old car and were fine, could just wire them up to the front ones but not really my style :D
MK7 FTW
Derv!

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by patterson »

I think you may have to take it
To ford or know someone with the tools to do it
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Kimmi'Mac
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta MK7
Refferer: Google

Post by Kimmi'Mac »

Hearnige wrote:hi all

I have first decided to fit some rear speakers as my new car didnt have any but has the wiring :roll:

This is now done but all im getting is static so iv had a look online and come across a couple of posts saying you have to plug in to the firmware and turn rear speakers on.. which ford would charge me to do?. any ideas would be much appreciated :D

iv thought of the obvious, the speakers were in my old car and were fine, could just wire them up to the front ones but not really my style :D

:O is there really wires behind it?!
I thought it was just for show...
How did you get the panel off?
Kimmi'Mac. West Midlands. <3 :-D

Hearnige
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Re: Rear speakers need to be activated?

Post by Hearnige »

Kimmi'Mac wrote:
:O is there really wires behind it?!
I thought it was just for show...
How did you get the panel off?
Yeh there is I think I found a post on here about it, cant remember where.
But taking the panel off was a bit of a nightmare. Didnt take long, you have to remove the rear seats and front seatbelt anchors then you can pop the whole panel off. the wires are wrapped in foam and the speaker holes have foam behind them so they look fake.. you will need speaker facias from halfords, (£10 ish) if you dont use ford speakers.

wiring them up isnt the hard part iv found getting them working is another story. iv had 2 diagnostic machines plugged in and they couldnt access the audio settings so looks like im going to have to try ford ill let you know how I get on but wont be until the end of the week now
MK7 FTW
Derv!

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Hearnige wrote:
Kimmi'Mac wrote: iv had 2 diagnostic machines plugged in and they couldnt access the audio settings so looks like im going to have to try ford ill let you know how I get on but wont be until the end of the week now
I know exactly where the setting to change is, but you're a bit far away!

Hearnige
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Hearnige »

Nath wrote:
Hearnige wrote:
Kimmi'Mac wrote: iv had 2 diagnostic machines plugged in and they couldnt access the audio settings so looks like im going to have to try ford ill let you know how I get on but wont be until the end of the week now
I know exactly where the setting to change is, but you're a bit far away!
Took it to ford, got in to all the settings. they couldnt find where to change it! is there any chance you could tell me where to find it on there? thankss
MK7 FTW
Derv!

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Hearnige wrote: Took it to ford, got in to all the settings. they couldnt find where to change it! is there any chance you could tell me where to find it on there? thankss
PM me an email address :)

mm10kes
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Mk7
Refferer: Friend

Post by mm10kes »

Just wondering did you get this working? If so how did you go about doing it?