Water??!!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Greig
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Van
Refferer: Search Engine

Water??!!

Post by Greig »

I've had a bit of an issue lately with condensation on the inside of the windscreen and I've just found the culprit. My drivers side footwell, or rather underneath the drivers seat is full of water!! Any thoughts at all as to where this is coming from? I've been underneath the van to see if there is anything obvious but all looks good. Short of lifting the carpets and heaving half the dash out, is there anywhere else I could or should be looking? Thoughts would be handy

Cheers

{text-align: center;}
Gandy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: FW ZS
Refferer: Google

Re: Water??!!

Post by Gandy »

door seals? rear windows?

patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS

Water??!!

Post by patterson »

I have had the same issue in the rear passenger side footwell, I stand it it and it swells up, I thought it was a split drink but I've noticed it
Again
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Greig
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Van

Re: Water??!!

Post by Greig »

Just a quick note here to let you know I've found the culprit and it's something worth checking. Where the wiring harness for the speakers, windows etc goes through the door frame was a bit loose so it meant the water was running off the top of the scuttle panel, through the drain points/ flaps at the side and down the pillar. It was then finding its way through the loose fitting, filling up the inside of the pillar and pouring out into the footwell.
Basically, just as a quick check, if you're finding water in the car (the rear footwells are the lowest point in the car so that's where it will all collect and pool) check your door pillar seals/ connections and make sure they're all tight, even stick a bit of sealant on them to be sure.
Anyway, problem solved for me.