dpf delete

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6TD
Refferer: Google

Re: dpf delete

Post by Jamesk07 »

Well, this is what I'm trying to ascertain. They maintain that it won't clog the DPF if it's physically still there, due to the way they program the ECU. So you may well be right, but they also come highly recommended and have experience of the 1.6 TDCi with DPF and assure me this is no problem. Has anyone had this done? Has it worked for you? Has it not?

If it wasn't it warranty I wouldn't hesitate in having the whole DPF unit hollowed out and full remap done removing all DPF coding entirely. From what I can work out, other than the environmental benefit, it does nothing but reduce power, lower mpg and cost a fortune when it goes wrong... Given there are hundreds of cars on the road where I live that have never seen an MOT or emmissions test, I'm not going to worry too much if removing the DPF makes my car a little less "green"... How un-PC...

{text-align: center;}
gus
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec s tdci
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by gus »

i would rather get rid of the dpf altogether instead of just mapping around but leeds is a bit far for me

FR-RTuning
Services
Services
Refferer: Facebook

Post by FR-RTuning »

Always have the DPF filter removed/gutted otherwise it will get blocked up cause increased back pressure on turbo and break turbo. We also offer DPF removal including ECU coding
FR&RTuning, Unit 2 Whitehead St, 383-385 Leeds Rd, Bradford, West Yorkshire, 07594040272 www.fr-rtuning.com info@fr-rtuning.com
MAHA Rolling Road Dyno Tuning, Engine and Handling Performance upgrades. Shop Online www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk

gus
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec s tdci
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by gus »

And they do offer removal option

Their first option is to keep it as these cars are still have warranty remaining
They just enhance the map keeping the dpf fuctional