New to the Site and I already have a question!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Gnasher11
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2013 Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine

New to the Site and I already have a question!

Post by Gnasher11 »

Hi all,

We have just upgraded from a 2002 Fiesta Zetec, to a 2013 Ex-demo Zetec-S with Econoboost from a well known ford Main Dealer in Exeter...so far very impressed with it, but only picked it up today!

After reading a post on here I took at look at the original spec on Etis, my query is if I buy an ex-demo car from Main dealer, should I expect it to come as specced on Etis? Or can the dealer have swapped parts since it left the factory i.e. sold as seen, it's not the end of the world, but Etis lists the car as having - • Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads and it clearly doesn't. (I have looked at the exact same description pedal kit on another Ford Site and they are definitely different seems to be Ford part number 1835213.)

Should I get a life? Or query it further with the dealer, as you will see from the introduction, we don't change cars very often, so any advice gratefully received.
Steve

{text-align: center;}
tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Re: New to the Site and I already have a question!

Post by tonyk »

They often remove bits, mats also show on etis but are missing from the car

Enduser
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: New to the Site and I already have a question!

Post by Enduser »

Gnasher11 wrote:Hi all,

We have just upgraded from a 2002 Fiesta Zetec, to a 2013 Ex-demo Zetec-S with Econoboost from a well known ford Main Dealer in Exeter...so far very impressed with it, but only picked it up today!

After reading a post on here I took at look at the original spec on Etis, my query is if I buy an ex-demo car from Main dealer, should I expect it to come as specced on Etis? Or can the dealer have swapped parts since it left the factory i.e. sold as seen, it's not the end of the world, but Etis lists the car as having - • Unique Met Finish Foot Pedals Pads and it clearly doesn't. (I have looked at the exact same description pedal kit on another Ford Site and they are definitely different seems to be Ford part number 1835213.)

Should I get a life? Or query it further with the dealer, as you will see from the introduction, we don't change cars very often, so any advice gratefully received.
Steve
Specs are a real odd thing. I have a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 2011 model, which is theory is the second from top spec. But it has only electric windows on the front doors, and then only the one touch lift on the drivers door, no rear courtesy light in the rear, [mine is a four door, even though Etis says it has]. The global opening and closing of the windows is missing, a very useful option on my previous fords, no front, or rear arm rest, no third rear headrest, has a drivers door grab handle [head height !!] instead of a sunnies holder, no rear AC socket, no door sill kick plates, I could go on. My Focus Ghia had all of these.

On another issue, do all the Mk7's have low profile tyres ?